At Bethesda Physiocare, your health and well-being are our top priorities.
We are following recommendations from the CDC, the Maryland Department of Health, and the “Best Practice Procedures” guidelines from the American Physical Therapy Association, as we are getting ready to slowly open Bethesda Physiocare again to our patients on June 1st.
We would like to share some details of our usual standard daily hygiene practice and highlight several extra steps we are taking in light of COVID-19.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Bethesda Physiocare include:
- All of our linens are single-use only and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinic is fully equipped with handwashing areas as well as hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with medical-grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, chairs, light switches, exercise equipment, and treatment tools)
- Our staff washes their hands thoroughly during and between treatments.
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Following the latest CDC guidelines, including frequent and thorough hand washing and use of hand sanitizer throughout the day
- Requiring Physical Therapists to wear masks
- Sterilizing all clinic surfaces with disinfectants
- Screening all Physical Therapists and staff for potential Coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure
- Adhering to recommended social-distance practices when not delivering hands-on care
- Limiting the number of people in-clinic
- Reduced hours to limit the number of patients per day
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Bethesda Physiocare, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients. We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request:
- To use hand sanitizer upon entering the office
- To wear a mask or some other kind of acceptable face covering
- To come by yourself as family and guests are not allowed to wait in the waiting room. Underage patients can be accompanied by their parent or caregiver. Patients needing extra assistance are also welcome to come with support.
- To agree to be screened upon arrival including a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.3 will be rescheduled.
- To reschedule appointments to a future date if you or a family member have any flu-like symptoms, including fever, body aches, and any lower respiratory illness discomfort. Additionally, if in the past 14 days you’ve had close contact with someone who has been tested positive for the virus.
At Bethesda Physiocare, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
If you would like to schedule an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.656.5613.
Thank you and be well!